September at Stogumber Station
The station is open every Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday in September as well as Friday 17th.
Forties Weekend is on the 11th and 12th and will include
- FREE tea or coffee to anyone visiting us by train in 40s dress at the WSR 40s Weekend
- a classic car dressed as an ARP vehicle
- Willy's Jeep
- a local musician playing in the garden and 40s music at other times
- a local storyteller for children on Saturday afternoon and other times on Sunday
- all our usual food PLUS 40s favourites such as bread pudding, spam sandwiches, crumpets, Victoria Sandwich Cake and rock cakes and all made by our 'war time' ladies
- we will continue to offer our famous cream teas
We will open at 9 am and for details of trains please click here .
Mixed Traffic Weekend on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th.
Here is a brief reminder of Forties Weekend 2019 including a visit from Mr Churchill.
and this sheepish pair back from shopping?